12 Catchy Research Paper Topics On Juvenile Delinquency
In criminal justice programs, English classes and social services degrees, students will often have to write a research paper about juvenile delinquency. This subject can be divisive because it is a major issue in today's society. From differing perspectives on punishment to rehabilitation programs, there are many topics that students can write about. The following topic ideas are designed to inspire student for their research paper. Students can use the topics as they are written, or they can modify them for a more unique thesis statement.
Juvenile Delinquency Topic Ideas
- What role does physical abuse have in causing juvenile delinquency? Are abuse victims more likely to commit a crime?
- Does moving a troubled child to a new school help to solve some of their delinquency issues?
- What percentage of juvenile offenders are likely to re-offend as adults?
- What are the rehabilitation techniques available for helping juvenile delinquents?
- Is there a connection between mental illness and juvenile delinquency?
- What are some of the ways that juvenile delinquency can be prevented?
- California is known for having a serious gang problem and many gangs recruit adolescents. Compare the approach that two different Californian cities take to deal with their delinquency problem. Which method is more effective?
- In recent years, New York City has received a lot of attention for their stop and frisk rules. In addition to these policing techniques, the mayor of New York City has instituted other measures to prevent and stop crime. Which techniques were most effective?
- In what circumstances should a juvenile offender be punished as an adult? Should this be reserved for only the most serious of cases?
- What are some of the traits of the average juvenile offender? Are environmental factors like abuse, mental illness, neighborhoods or schools influential in causing crime?
- Should juvenile delinquents be punished or rehabilitated for their crimes? Is there any research into the efficacy of either method?
- How do juvenile delinquents perform in school? What percentage of juvenile offenders eventually drop out of high school?
Once the student has picked a topic, they should begin researching it immediately. Research an essay can take weeks or months, so the process has to be started as soon as possible. Ideally, students should make time for editing at the end of the writing process. To get the best score on the essay, students need to create a paper that is free of spelling errors and typos. If there are too many mistakes, it will distract the reader from the quality of the student's ideas.
What are three clever strategies you can come up with which will curb the high likelihood in foster child delinquency?
Discuss how the foster care system in your state or country is flawed and how this system contributes to juvenile delinquency.
Name three contributing factors to juvenile delinquency and discuss how these problems can be approached by the government and community.
What are some middle school program strategies that can be implemented to prevent and counter juvenile delinquency?
What influence do parents have on children and how can they use that influence to prevent juvenile delinquency?
Bullying can be an early gateway to eventual delinquency. Discuss this theory.
Drug abuse forms a large percentage of child offenses. Discuss strategies of better education on drug abuse for schools.
Come up with three helpful methods for preventing truancy in children, and also mention how truancy can lead to more serious crimes.
Suggest some one-on-one mentoring programs where influential people can talk kids out of ruining their lives.
What are some ways that educational programs can demonize theft among youngsters?
Does TV have an influence on the way kids act? Should we opt for less violence, drug use, and sexual references on television programs?
Crime in teenagers often stems from parental issues and being forced to grow up too quickly. How do these situations produce juvenile delinquents and how can this be prevented?
Ways a community can get involved in the lives of individual children who need help.
How can teachers pick up signs of possible future delinquency in children?
Is there a way to train a small child in emotional intelligence and the ways of empathy?